THE CONSOLIDATED NON-FINANCIAL STATEMENT
For the third year running, the Banca Ifis Group presents its Consolidated Non-Financial Statement, drawn up with a two-fold objective:
- To comply with the disclosure obligations of Legislative Decree 254/2016;
- To report on the Group’s actions, responding to the expectations of those Stakeholders’ involved in a process of listening and dialogue in order to ensure sustainability issues are included in corporate strategy and hence creating value in the medium-long term.
The UN 2030 Agenda and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals are our most important point of reference and greatly influence the strategic definition of our actions. The four pillars we pin our efforts on have been renewed for this third non-financial statement too: ethics and integrity in business management, customer focus, caring about our people, and being territorially and environmentally responsible.
Sustainability for Banca Ifis, during this international public health emergency linked to the Covid 19 pandemic, means bearing in mind that our actions must, necessarily and rightly, also be aimed at protecting human health and managing the operational impacts that have inevitably already invaded our work on a daily basis and will not be resolved shortly. Hence, we immediately put in place all the initiatives aimed at protecting our employees and providing customer support, and will continue to do so.
Read the previous editions:
THE MATERIALITY ANALYSIS
The materiality analysis represents an innovative key to understanding business, thanks to the integration between Stakeholders’ requests and corporate strategies. During 2019, this analysis was updated, allowing us to listen to certain categories of stakeholders that we consider fundamental, such as customers, community representatives and trade associations, directly. In addition, for the purpose of the materiality analysis, and specifically as part of the ‘Factor I’ initiative, we have been web listening since 2019. This innovative listening method has allowed us not only to give an innovative voice to, but also measure, the expectations of ‘customer’ stakeholders, in particular SMEs, by ‘neutrally’ listening to the applicable market conversations and interactions on the web, on a wide-scale.
The topics identified through the materiality analysis are broken down into four main pillars: Ifis Integrity, Ifis People, Ifis Customers and Ifis Responsibility.
Ifis Integrity represents the constant commitment to spreading corporate culture and values, both inside and outside the Bank, by continually promoting virtuous behavior consistent with the Group’s values, both by the Bank’s employees and in relations with agent networks, partners and suppliers.
Ifis Customers means financial inclusion and the lending of support to entrepreneurs. We are the Italian go-to company for lending financial support to Italian SMEs, even on an international level: we finance the real economy as an SME Bank and, in the NPL sector, we focus on offering families and businesses the opportunity to settle their debts within a time frame better suited to their actual possibilities. This is the essence of the Ifis Customers pillar: an approach to the customer that doesn’t leave aside digital innovation and transparent information management.
We consider the over 1,700 people making up our Group to be the power behind the creation of solid and lasting relationships with the main Stakeholders. It is for this reason that we promote the value, development, training and well-being of all our employees. We do this through initiatives such as providing more than 30,000 hours of training and the use of inclusive platforms such as Ifis Talent, designed to improve the processes of recruiting, developing and managing people, in order to meet the needs of each employee.
At the center of our commitment are also all those initiatives having a positive impact on communities and the environment, and which create value for the area in which we do business.
In particular, we have:
- Strengthened our support for entrepreneurs and local communities, also by publishing and sharing reports, studies and projects dedicated to corporate culture;
- Adhered to the ‘Memorandum of Understanding for the Sustainable Development of Veneto’ of the Veneto Region;
- Introduced specific ‘green’ products and financing projects to encourage the development of eco-sustainable business activities and conduct;
- Invested in spreading a ‘plastic free’ corporate culture;
- Chosen to lower our energy footprint by using only 100% clean energy from renewable sources in all our offices and branches in Italy.