To ensure maximum security of Rendimax customers’ data and transactions, the Private Area of the site adopts an SSL certificate which guarantees the authenticity of the site and the confidentiality of the information in transit between the Banca Ifis server and your web browser. The closed padlock in the address bar of your browser provides further information on the security of the site.
Security for your transactions
From 22 May 2017, Banca Ifis has introduced a new strong authentication system (Strong Authentication) which provides for the use of a Customer Code, a password and a temporary code (OTP – One Time Password).
You can choose how to generate the OTP from the following alternatives:
- Secure Call: to use this mode, you must be contacted from the mobile phone number recorded in your personal profile and enter the OTP code that appears on the screen from the keypad of your mobile phone following the instructions that appear on the screen;
- Token Software: to use this mode you need to download the Banca Ifis Retail app, available for free at iOS and Android official stores. Inside the app, there is a special feature that allows you to generate the OTP code.
You can change the mode to generate the OTP by accessing the Utility section in the Private Area. You will be asked for the OTP code to:
- Access to the Private Area (login);
- Authorise transaction instructions (for example, activation of a time deposit, a bank transfer instruction and requests in the Utility section).
Tools to access the Private Area:
- Customer Code: this is the code that was sent to you via e-mail on opening the account (when Customer Service received the signed contract and the first bank transfer);
- Password: this is the code that was sent to you by text message when the account was opened (when Customer Service received the signed contract and the first bank transfer) and which you changed on first access;
- OTP: is a temporary “disposable” code called One Time Password that you must generate via Secure Call or Token Software.
What to do if the codes are stolen
Block access to the Private Area:
- Immediately block access to the Private Area by calling Customer Service
- Within 48 hours of blocking access to the Private Area, report the theft to the Judicial Authority or Police
- Notify Customer Service promptly and, in any case, within two operating days, requesting the issue of new credentials at the same time
- Send a copy of the police theft report to Customer Service by registered letter with return receipt.
Unblocking access to the Private Area
Request reactivation of access to the Private Area by calling Customer Service.
What to do if you lose the codes
Send an e-mail to the default Customer Service e-mail address, asking to be sent a new code. We will send you an e-mail with your code as soon as possible.
Call Customer Service and ask to be sent the code. We will generate a new password as send it to you via sms.
Tips for the security of your devices:
- Make sure you keep your operating system and your computer and smartphone apps up to date;
- Only download official updates, available on manufacturers’ websites. To install apps on your smartphone, refer only to the official stores;
- Install appropriate security software (antivirus and personal firewall, etc.) and remember to keep them up to date;
- Be wary of any e-mail inviting you to download or run programs when you do not know the source;
- Carefully store your personal data. This is the only data that allows us to recognise you. Remember that Bank Ifis operators will never ask you to disclose your login credentials;
- Change the password regularly;
- Verify the authenticity of the connection with Banca Ifis by checking the site name in the navigation bar and via the presence of the certificate in the private area (the padlock icon in the navigation bar and reference to Banca Ifis SpA);
- Enter the bank address directly in the navigation bar. Do not click on links in suspicious e-mails: they may lead you to a fake site;
- Always activate alert notifications for purchases and transactions, even for small amounts;
- Be wary of any request to enter or urgently communicate any of your personal codes or other personal information;
- If possible, do not store your passwords in the browser and remember to update them often.
We remind you that you should be the only person with access to and use of the mobile number and e-mail address you provided us when you opened the account. If you think that such sole use has been compromised, contact Customer Service.
RENDIMAX DEBIT CARD
Secure e-commerce payments
As of 1 January 2021, internet payments via payment cards are more secure thanks to the 3D Secure protocol, which has been adopted at a European level for e-commerce transactions for the purpose of the strong authentication required by the PSD2 Directive (EU 2015/2366).
Your Rendimax debit card is fully compliant with the new security protocol.
For the authorisation of a specific e-commerce payment via the Maestro Circuit, you will in fact be asked to enter a password of your choice, called Secure Code, and an OTP (One Time Password) which you will receive via SMS at the time of purchase and which relates to the specific payment transaction. To activate the Secure Code, a code of at least 6 characters of your choice, follow the procedure below for Maestro® cards:
- Log in to your Private Area under “Cards – E-Commerce Service”, select the PAN and click on “Verify Secure Code”;
- Enter and confirm your chosen Secure Code;
- Specify your e-mail address and mobile telephone number;
- Click on proceed and confirm your request.
If you have a Mastercard® Debit card, issued by the Bank in collaboration with Nexi Payment S.p.A., you will need to activate, again from the Nexi Pay App or the Nexi.it website, the “Secure Code” called KEY6, i.e. a code of at least 6 characters of your choice that you will need to make on-line payments in complete security. Should you require further clarification, please contact Nexi support on 02 345 444 from Italy or +39 02 34980 020 from abroad.
The PSD2 Directive provides that certain types of transactions may be exempted from strong two-level authentication*. These are transactions involving a small amount or with low risk factors. For instance:
- Remote electronic transactions whose amount does not exceed 30 Euro and which, when cumulated over time, do not exceed 100 Euro in total or a series of 5 exempt transactions;
- Recurring fixed-amount transactions;
- Transactions carried out on merchants declared trustworthy by the cardholder.
Debit card blocking
If you have a Maestro® debit card, in the event of loss, theft or if you have reason to fear that the security of your debit card has been compromised:
- Block the card by calling the Centrale di Allarme (Interbank Alarm Centre) (from Italy 800 822 056, from abroad +39 02 608 437 68 and from the USA 1 800 348 9906) communicating the personal data of the card holder and the card number or iban of your account or block the card by calling Customer Service, available from Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am to 2:00pm;
- Within 48 hours of blocking the card, report the incident to the Judicial Authority or Police;
- Notify Customer Service promptly, and in any case within two operating days;
- Send a copy of the police theft report to Customer Service by registered letter with return receipt.
If you need to block a Mastercard Debit® card issued by the Bank in partnership with Nexi Payment S.p.A, please call the freephone number at 800 15 16 16 (or +39 02 34 98 00 20 from abroad, or +1 800 473 68 96 from the USA) and submit a claim within 48 hours with the judicial or Police authorities and inform Nexi Customer Service at 02 345 444 in Italy (or +39 02 34980 020 from abroad).
Unblocking the debit card
To unblock the debit card Meastro® (following incorrect PIN entry or finding the card), use the appropriate function in the Utility section of the Private Area. Your card unblocking will be e-mailed to your default e-mail address.
For Mastercard Debit® cards, please call support at 02 345 444 in Italy or +39 02 34980 020 from abroad.
Generation of new PIN
To request a new PIN (due to theft or loss) for your Maestro® debit card, use the appropriate function in the Utility section of the Private Area.
If you have a Mastercard Debit® card issued in partnership with Nexi Payment S.p.A, you can find the digital version of the PIN for your card in the Nexi Pay App. For further information, please call support at 02 345 444 in Italy or +39 02 34980 020 from abroad.
For your security with the debit card
- Immediately place your signature in the appropriate area (opaque strip) on the back of the debit card;
- Comply with all the other contractual provisions;
- Keep your debit card with the utmost care;
- Store your card in a shielded case that protects it from potential thieves;
- Do not store the PIN number together with the debit card; do not store it on analog or digital media and do not communicate it to anyone. In any case, the PIN must never be kept together with the card;
- Take all necessary measures to prevent anyone from seeing the PIN entered: never enter the PIN in the presence of strangers, and above all, upon their solicitation;
- If you have activated the SMS service, promptly consult the messages received on your mobile phone: you will receive free information on the transactions executed on your account within the limits and under the conditions set out in the Information Sheet;
- Enter the PIN only after checking the amount of your payment;
- keep payment receipts for checking against theaccount statementand for detecting any unauthorised expenses quickly. In the event of “suspicious” transactions, contact Customer Service as quickly as possible;
- Be wary of strangers willing to help you carry out transactions, specifically, at Cash Points (ATMs for withdrawals);
- Frequently check the bank statement in your Private Area. Whenever you find withdrawals or expenses which you have not made, contact Customer Service;
- Store the debit card away from magnetic sources (e.g. magnets) or from excessive heat sources to prevent demagnetisation;
- Remember that the ATM is programmed, for security purposes, to withhold the card in he event of improper use: for example if you enter the PIN incorrectly 3 times, the card will be seized and held inside the machine;
- Remember that, in the Utility section of the Private Area, you can request to change the cash limits associated with your card Maestro®. You can do this yourself in the Nexi Pay App for Mastercard® Debit cards issued by the Bank in partnership with Nexi Payment S.p.A;
- Always carry the phone number to block your debit card with you: for Maestro® cards please call the freephone number 800 822 056 in Italy, or +39 02 6084 3768 from abroad, or 1 800 348 9906 from the USA. For Mastercard® Debit cards issued in partnership with Nexi Payment S.p.A., please call the freephone number 800 15 16 16 in Italy, or +39 02 34 98 00 20 from abroad, or +1 800 473 68 96 from the USA.
Rendimax Conto Deposito Customer Service
toll-free number: from Italy: (+39) 041 5027 646 from abroad)
Nexi Customer Service: 02 345 444 in Italy (or +39 02 34980 020 from abroad)