Banca IFIS delivered growth in the first months of 2015 across all core segments
- Banca IFIS S.p.A.
- Gruppo Banca IFIS
- Price Sensitive Press Releases
Banca IFIS delivered growth in the first months of 2015 across all core segments, boosted by best-in-class capital adequacy ratios.
A rearrangement operation of part of the bond portfolio carried out in April.
Banca IFIS’s C.E.O., Giovanni Bossi: “Operation driven by trends in market rates” which will increase the pre-tax profit of the second quarter of 2015 by about 120 million Euro.
First three months of 2015
1 January-31 March
- Net banking income: 71,2 million Euro (+2,6%);
- Net profit from financial activities: 65,1 million Euro (+6,8%);
- Profit for the period: 26,2 million Euro (+6,3%);
- Strongly improved cost of credit quality: 119 bps (200 bps at 31 March 2014);
- Total net non-performing exposures in the trade receivables segment continued shrinking, down to 111,4 million Euro (-1,1% from the end of 2014);
- Bad-loan ratio in the trade receivables segment stable at 1,3%;
- Hiring further up: 43 new additions in the first 3 months of 2015;
- Capital adequacy ratios improving further, confirmed to be best-in-class in the industry: total own funds capital ratio 14,6% and CET1 at 13,9%.
The Board of Directors of Banca IFIS met today under the Chairmanship of Sebastien Egon Fürstenberg and approved the financial results for the first quarter of 2015.
“Given the abundant liquidity in the banking system, our strength is to relentlessly provide financial support to the real economy – businesses and households – by harnessing our capital”, said Giovanni Bossi, Chief Executive Officer of Banca IFIS. “We increased further the number of financed SMEs, now totalling 4.300 across the country, and continued growing also in the other core segments. We further improved our credit quality and the bad-loan ratio. The Group – points outs the CEO – is focusing its attention and energy on the DRL (Distressed Retail Loans) segment, carrying out new purchases to establish a consistent, receptive and performing organisation throughout the entire national supply chain. We are satisfied also with the performance of the Bank’s stock: in March, it vaulted past 1 billion Euro in market capitalisation. We take pride in the value the market places on us, which drives us to move forward with courage and conviction on our path”.
Conference Call Audio File